Thursday, April 18, 2013

I seem to have forgotten what the sun looks like

I have a long "to write" list sitting on my desk next to my computer and staring me down right now, but I am just in the most beautiful mood, and I had to share! What always makes me a happy girl?

BEAUTIFUL WEATHER!

More specifically, dress weather. Yup, it's finally that time of year in Prague - like switching on a light, the weather here went from snowing just two weeks ago to incredibly, wonderfully, amazingly beautiful! We aren't graced with the sun too often during the winter here in Prague. Every once in a while, the sun will peek through and you'll get a day of beautiful sun and blue skies with puffy white clouds scattered overhead as far as you can see, but not often. Besides, those sparse sunny days may be beautiful, but they're still cold. Really cold.

But now! Oh! 

Happy happy girl I am! Not having to wear a coat to work - mine stinks of sweat anyway - not having to wear tights over bare legs - I guess I'll have to start shaving - the sun still up until 21:00 - so much time for activities! And of course, instead of having to wear layers and layers, socks, boots, pants, sweaters, coats, hats, scarves, and gloves, I can simply put on a dress and wear just that. Perfection.

The recent death of Ms. Pulitzer was a true loss to the quirky summer-wear fashion community, particularly when you come from a preppy, nautical hometown like I do. But, I will still live on through Lily when I make my spring- and summer-wear choices. Our philosophies, after all, are quite similar.

See, Ms. Pulitzer and I both believe in easy, and what is the easiest outfit a woman can wear? A dress, of course! Our peculiar but similar needs also align: Lily needed bright patterned dressed to hide the mess that got on her when she ran her homegrown juice stall, and I need to hide the embarrassing amount of sweat that collects on my body when I simply walk around (or stand or sit or breathe). We have both found the perfect solution to be beautiful, fun, comfortable patterned dresses, and I'm sticking to it!

Besides, how can you ever go wrong with a summer dress?

2 comments:

  1. NOTHING LIKE SUNSHINE TO MAKE BEAUTIFUL!
    EXPECTED PICTURE OF YOU IN THAT DRESS.
    WHEREISIT? KEEP HAVING BEAUTIFUL AND
    SPLENDID DAYS, SUNSHINE IN OR OUT!
    HUGS OF LOVE,
    GRAMMIE MERO
    XOXOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. We want Spring Intern Style pictures, please!!!

    Joan says in order to celebrate the arrival of Springtime in Prague, add a pop of color to your usual black & white ensembles!

    But...morning workouts come first, so only if there's time for posing pretty!!

    Enjoy that sunshine, Sunshine!!

    We love you, baby ducks!!!

    ReplyDelete