Thursday, March 28, 2013

A Good Day in Tempeland

Well, hello there! Today was a wonderful day, no? I hope your day was just as fulfilling, exciting, and exhausting (in a good way) as mine. Why am I raving about my day, you ask? I shall tell you!

Maybe falling asleep before 10pm last night has something to do with my good mood, but the day's events are what have me so giddy! My day started with some wonderful news - due to a pending donation from my most amazing, wonderful, generous, loving, selfless, youthful, and beautiful (how many adjectives is one sentence allowed to have?) Grammie Happy Heart, I have been able to plan several more exciting adventures during my remaining time abroad. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity, and I am so incredibly grateful, thankful, and lucky that my grandmother is willing and able to progress my experiences and growth at this time in my life. Thank you, Gram, with all of my heart! I love you dearly, and I am so thankful to you and God for providing me with this extra money!

Do you want to know where I'm going? The first trip I have planned is to visit Robin in Rotterdam, Netherlands, and I am going during TulpenfestivalI!! I absolutely cannot wait to see the tulips!! I am very excited to get to see Robin again, too, and I know we are going to have a great time together! I am hoping that we will take a day trip to Amsterdam! I can't wait!

This picture belongs to: http://www.flickriver.com/places/Netherlands/Flevoland/Creil/

My other planned trip is to London with two friends from my college. WE ARE GOING ON A HARRY POTTER TOUR!! I have been wanting to go to London for, well, forever, and I cannot wait for this trip! It will be short, but I am going to try to get as much London in as possible. I also might go with one of those friends to Madrid for a couple of days after London, too! I hope it works out!

This picture belongs to: http://www.thefulton.org/support/london-tour/

Lastly, I am considering going to Barcelona next weekend. I am still undecided, as this trip will be quite expensive, but I am sure it would be amazing and beautiful! I will keep you all updated!

The other happening that has me so happy today was actually my internship. I got to meet Ian, my boss's boss, and he was incredibly nice, encouraging, and inclusive. He was meeting with my boss, and I was in our office working, and throughout their meeting he included me with questions, suggestions, and by explaining things to me, even though I wasn't technically supposed to be at the meeting, and I am actually still working with Digital and not Marketing. The people I work with on a regular basis are so kind and helpful, but when they brainstorm, they usually do so in Czech. Because Ian is an English speaker, their meeting was in English, and it was just a great experience for me to be able to follow along and be included.

Also at my internship, I got to write the "Editor's Note" for the company's magazine! I know, I am obviously not the editor, but it was last minute, with the deadline approaching, and they needed someone to write it, and asked me to give it a shot. Now, honestly, I have never read our magazine completely, let alone the editor's note, and I had very little information to work off, but this task was fun! I got to write in a voice other than my own, and even though after the suggestions and edits of the other people working on the magazine, my piece might not be recognizable (and it definitely doesn't have my name on it), it is really cool to be able to say that I wrote that!

The icing on the cake was a two-and-a-half-hour Skype call with my mom. I still can't believe we were on for that long, but after not talking for two weeks, we had a lot of catching up to do! I have been a little down lately - I know, I know, I'm in Prague! What is there to be down about? But still, between my amazing adventures and good days at work, I do actually have time to get lonely, bored, and maybe a little sad. Getting to catch up with my momma was an awesome stress reliever, and we had some truly insightful conversation. I love you, Mum!

So, as I said, I really hope your day was as good as mine, whether it included something as wonderful as planning a trip, or as routine as going to work or chatting with your mom. I know that I am thankful for the big things and the small in my life, and every person who has decided to be a part of it!

4 comments:

  1. THANK YOU DARLING TEMPE. IT IS JOY BEYOND MEASURE
    TO BE YOUR GRAMMIE AND DO THIS FOR YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you, sissy!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're time is now, babe!!! Just do it!!! VENTURED = GAINED!!!

    Love, love, love, you! And, am exceedingly proud of you!!!

    ~ B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We want a reinstatement of Internship Style!!!!Except wear your shoes & accessories for pics!!!

    Pretty please, pretty Tempe!!!

    ~ B., Sissy, & Gram

    ReplyDelete