Thursday, May 2, 2013

Getting back on the horse. Dead horse?

Aye aye aye. What a busy little bee I have been! Between not submitting assignments for school (sorry Dr. Bob!), creating presentations that can't be opened, working on projects for my internship, battling the Czech Ministry to try to get a visa, and taking some pretty incredible trips - not to mention a bit of wallowing here and there - I have actually been quite enjoying myself & my time abroad. Really! I know that I complain sometimes (a lot), and that's a pretty bratty thing to do, but I really am having the best time of my life!

My most recent trips that I have not yet written about are: Barcelona, where I went almost a month ago (I can't believe it's been that long!), and Dublin & Edinburgh from which I just got back last night! I am heading out to the Netherlands this weekend - leaving today - to visit Rotterdam, Amsterdam, and the Tulpenfestival with my Dutch friend Robin, who I met one of my first weeks here in Prague!

So, although I don't have much time right now, I am going to try to do a quick update! I have tons & tons of beautiful pictures to share (although this girl somehow didn't charge her camera before going to Barcelona & most of the pictures are crappy quality phone pics - silly!), so check out my Pictures page, where you can scroll through the updated albums from my different destinations!


I have been a bit of a Debbie Downer lately, I know. But, recently I've been back on the horse...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d3/Prague_-_David_%C4%8Cern%C3%BD.jpg
Err...well I hope not David Černý's dead horse, but, uh, you know...
This statue is actually in Lucerna Pasaz, just a quick walk from my flat, and yes, I have indeed seen it in person, although this is not my picture.

My return to normalcy started with an awesome party at Palackeho on the riverbanks of the Vltava. I accidentally ran through the party when I went for an afternoon jog through my neighborhood and then the two blocks down to the river - have I mentioned the location of my flat is amazing?! Later, my friend Colin asked if I wanted to join him and some of his friends from his studio, and although I was initially a little reluctant (irrationally), I decided to go. I am so glad I did! Not only did I get to meet some awesome people - mostly Czechs - but I really had a great, carefree night hanging out in good company on a beautiful evening.

Sometimes, a little company is all you need!

More posts to come soon! For more info on the amazing Czech artist, David Černý, check out The Guardian's 'A David Černý sculpture walk in Prague.'

1 comment:

  1. SOOOOO glad the horse is finally heading back in the right direction, so to speak! Stay strong and faithful concerning the visa situation! This whole fiasco is such bad public relations for the Czech gov't...Keystone bureaucrates & study program!! Someday, assuming we get the desireable outcome, it will add up to a glitch in an otherwise great experiance...let's hope so anyway! Can't wait for more postings from you!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete