Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Time flies, and so do I!

Umm...I'm wondering how it became the middle of May already and I haven't really noticed. Anyone know? I guess when you travel for 15 of the past 18 days, time flies!

You want to know what else happens when you travel that much?

This.
(click to enlarge)



Uhh, yeah. That was fun to fold this morning. The good news is that from traveling I have become a lot less attached to my material belongings, and I've already started a list in my mind of the items I'll be giving away before I head back home. I think the airline baggage guys (and my wallet) will appreciate that!

Another benefit of all of this recent traveling - Ireland, Scotland, the Netherlands, London, & Madrid - is that I really am feeling much more myself! Keeping busy is the key, I suppose. I read somewhere that humans tend to be happier when kept busy, but are lazy by nature. Whether scientific fact or just one person's theory, I have to agree! My favorite way to stay busy just happens to be hopping around Europe. We've all got our faults.

So anywho, have I mentioned that I am going to learn Spanish? No? I guess I haven't mentioned that I'm moving to Spain either, then. Okay, not really, but a girl can dream. I just love Spain!

Honestly, I love everywhere.

A recent conversation with Cay:
Cay: You're in Madrid?
Me: Yup!
Cay: Sweet! How is it?
Me: Beautiful!! The weather is perfect today and Spain might be my favorite country. I love it!!
Cay: every country is your favorite haha
Me: Okay, true. Spain is my favorite for fashion and men. And food.
Me: Germany is second on fashion and men.
Me: Ireland is favorite for landscape.
Me: Czech is my favorite beer.
Cay: and Berlin?
Me: Berlin is in Germany, you nut!

Besides working on our geography, my conversation with Cay made me realize that I really have adored every country I've been lucky enough to visit. I've also always said to myself, "I can't wait to come back here" for every single city I've visited. But in Madrid I finally allowed myself to admit the truth: I might not ever get to see these places again. As heartbreaking as that realization is, it's true. Of course I've made plans in my head to return not only to Europe in general, but to all of the amazing places I've been, in addition to all of the places I want to go, but we all know that plans are useless (although planning is essential) (thank you for that wisdom, Mr. Eisenhower).

I also know that as much as I plan and try to map my life out, God has his own plans for me, and all of the ideas I have about where I want my life to head, only He really gets to decide (and let me know about those plans on His own time). So, I can wish and dream and hope (and throw tantrums when none of that works) that someday I'll get to have another experience like this, and I really pray that I do, but I have to realize that I might not. What better inspiration could there be to enjoy every second?

Last thought: flying over the Alps was one of the most breathtaking experiences of this adventure. I only wish the pictures could do the views justice!












If you were wondering, there are just 9 short days standing between me and the 16-day French/Italian adventure I have planned with Cay & Alex that includes the destinations: Paris, Pisa, Florence, Cinque Terre/La Spezia, Genoa, and Nice! To say that I am excited is an understatement!!

My Pictures page has been updated with pictures from all of my travels! Enjoy!

Check back in soon!

2 comments:

  1. OMG, the Neatherlands!!! OMG, the tulips!!! Such breathtaking imagery!!And I'm only seeing the pics!! Cannot imagine how beautiful to take in with the naked eye, up close in person, and in actual living color! And the greenest of grass!

    The gardens may be people made, but the flowers, and that kind of beauty, can only come from a Heavenly Creator!! Just shows what God & people can do when we work together!!!!

    You raved about it, but now I really appreciate what you were seeing!! Lucky duck!! Wow!

    ~ Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. SPECTACULAR PHOTOS! SO HAPPY YOU ARE SEEING
    AND EXPERIENCING MANY PLACES, PEOPLE, THINGS
    AND SHARING IT ALL WITH US. CONTINUE TO SEE
    FEEL, TAKE JOY IN THIS MOST GLORIOUS TIME, AND
    DO KEEP SHARING IT. BLESSINGS ABUNDANT,
    GRAMMIE

    ReplyDelete