Friday, February 15, 2013

Exercise Knows No Language!

Okay, so it is Friday evening, and I am updating my blog. Cool, I know. In all honestly I was actually invited out tonight! I am definitely thinking about going, but I have been exhausted lately...I really really really hope that I am not getting sick! I took a long nap today, and I am getting ready to go work out. Maybe some exercise, a dip in the jacuzzi, and a visit to the steam room at the gym will be just the thing to get me feeling ready to go out tonight! Did I mention that I have the best internship, ever?! Those are some kickin' benefits!

Anyways, my workout yesterday consisted of a 15-minute ab class, an hour of power joga, which was actually quite an arm workout, and a run. I was planning to visit the relaxation zone last night, too, but I dilly dallied before heading to the gym, and ended up getting done too late to do so and still make it to the Valentine's Day party on time. Well, I wasn't on time anyways - what's new - but I did have a very interesting gym experience!

Have you ever taken an exercise class in a different language? Have you run on a treadmill programmed for kilometers per hour? I have! I was pleasantly surprised to find that the settings like "speed" and "incline" were in English, as well as the indicators such as "distance." It was funny, though, to figure out that setting 7.0, about an 8 1/2 minute mile pace, is walking pace in kilometers per hour! Because I didn't know what setting in km/hr is equivalent to m/hr, I just kind of ran at a comfortable pace and for time instead of distance. It all worked out okay!

Today of course, I had to look up a conversion chart. While I definitely won't be remembering the whole thing, I think I can manage to remember the most important settings, levels, distances, and equivalencies, and if not, who cares? If I am running at all, that is good ; )



Also, in case you were wondering, I definitely did not run as fast or as far as I thought...typical.



I hope you all enjoy your weekend! I know I will, whether I do end up going out or staying in and napping, blogging, and catching up on American TV the whole time =) Who knows, maybe I will finally finish writing about last weekend. Somehow, I think my posts are going into too much detail. Oops.

  I am also considering picking up Chinese food for dinner tonight...feeling a little risky!!


Čau!

5 comments:

  1. We love detail!! More detail!! Fun, interesting details...Pleeezzz...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We want more pics too!! Worth a thousand words, right?....

    Fashion attire pics, pics of your office & the club, cute little kitty cartoon yogert/custard container pics, quirky Czech stuff pics, everyday adventure stuff pics, your roomates pics (tho may need a night vision lens to catch the ghost!),the skys the limit pics! ~ we want to "be" there & experiance it all with you!!Sooo, more pictures, please, pretty please, pretty pretty please!!!
    Yes, yes, YES!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Power joga...or yoga???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, in Czech it is spelled "joga" because "j" here is pronounced like our "y." It is pronounced the same way we would say yoga.

      Delete
    2. Hmmm, I just learned something new!

      CM

      Delete