Tuesday, February 19, 2013

If I ever tell you that I have a good sense of direction, I am lying.

Honestly. I have lived here for just over two weeks now, and I managed to take the wrong tram home from work today. Seriously. This happened. This is my second week of work, and I have probably been to Andel (the stop where I work..and shop) at least twenty times. It is also two stops away from my place.

HOW THE HELL DID THIS HAPPEN, YOU ASK?

Well, really, I just wasn't paying attention. I was at the stop, being your regular neighborhood bag lady with my (very heavy) laptop, purse, and bag of groceries, and I see tram 16 off in the distance. I then continue to stand around in my own little world, and board the tram when it pulls up. Well, damn, guess what? That tram was definitely not tram 16...or 10 or 4 for that matter, as ALL of those would have taken me the two stops to my apartment. No, instead I am on the tram, my glazed over eyes staring out the window, when I start seeing things I don't recognize. I then tried to convince myself that I just didn't remember these things because I usually look at the other side of the street. Nope. I definitely was on the wrong tram.

Me, waiting for the tram with all of my bags.

I got off at the next stop, and figured if I walked in the direction that I thought the river was in, I would be fine. I was fine, and I did easily find the river, but the best part? It has been snowing ALL DAY. Now, there aren't huge piles of snow on the ground or anything, but I was wearing high heels and no hat, and the cobblestone sidewalks were slippery and covered in slush. Fun. I had my (getting heavier) bags, too, of course.

Just a tip: don't walk around Prague in high heels if you can help it. A lot of women do wear heels here, but I'm pretty sure they must all be into masochism to do that to themselves. Ugh.

So, anyway, I finally caught a different but correct tram and made my way home. Finally.




Totally unrelated, I dropped a ridiculous amount of money on plane tickets last night, BUT I DON'T CARE BECAUSE I AM GOING TO ROME AND PARIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy cow! I am too excited! In just a few weeks I will be heading to Rome to visit Carly, and of course Katie and Jacqueline, too! I can't wait to see the incredible city and get to spend time with these girls, again! I am really excited for some slightly warmer weather, too =)

Also, between the end of my internship and the beginning of my summer course, I will be taking a trip around France and Italy with my other BFFLs Cay and Alex. We are meeting up in Paris, and then traveling around together for two weeks. I am really looking forward to this trip! I know we will have a great time, and I am very excited to see them!

Carly, Cay, Alex, and me. We are totally normal. I am the pissed-looking Indian in the background. Yup.



In other news, I am headed back to Bukowski's tonight with Camille for ladies' night. Free sangria? Yes, please! We are thinking about getting tickets to see Paul van Dyk at the ridiculously cool SaSaZu in Prague.

Tell me this place doesn't look amazing....




Okay, so I really hope that works out. Another really cool thing? Two days later, Ellie Goulding is performing there. Yup. Seriously. I really want to go to that, too!! I can't believe it's not sold out yet...jeez... I should probably get on getting tickets for those two performances, considering I missed out on tickets to see Mumford & Sons. Boo =(




Finally, I will leave you with my latest obsession, Bruno Mars's "When I was your man." Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful weeper!

    Good advice however...

    Buy yourself flowers...
    Give yourself the hours...
    Hold your own hand for awhile...
    Learn to dance alone...

    Know thyself in order to appreciate others...
    It'll serve you well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate the advice, but is it always necessary to make yourself sound like Confucius?

      Delete